Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Mother Of All Let Downs.......

It is amazing how quickly one may become greatly disappointed if access to the internet is readily available. While checking my email I noticed a section on upcoming movie trailers and decided to click on the section and preview the various upcoming movies for the year. One of the trailers that I watched was for the movie I AM LEGEND with Will Smith. Before you read any farther take a moment to watch the trailer here.

Looks interesting huh? Another end of the world movie that has a science fiction plot that sort of loosely reminded me of the old 1985 Dennis Quade movie ENEMY MINE. Or at least that’s how I interpreted the trailer and secretly wished the movie to be like. After watching, I was pretty excited. Despite my excitement, and the fact that Will Smith would be in the movie, I had that nagging feeling that it would be very similar to Independence Day. Nevertheless, I thought that this movie had the potential to be that movie which I eagerly await all year for. So, I looked it up on the internet to learn more as the name "Robert Neville" was familiar to me.

And boy was I hugely disappointed (disappointed just like when I found out that the trailer for THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW was not accurate.)

The movie is actually based off of the 1954 science fiction novel by Richard Matheson and will be another adaptation of the book much like THE OMEGA MAN with good ole Charlton Heston was. (Who can ever forget that toothy laugh of his in the movie?) Oh well. It’ll be a vampire movie that takes place in down town Manhattan. I’ll still watch it – but it won’t be that movie that I count down the days for.

Oh and sorry for all the Dennis Quade references.

1 comment:

The Ten Angry Men said...

I feel your pain at getting excited about an end of the world movie, only to find out that the Communists were not responsible.

Of course, the entire movie is BS. If humans vanished, NY would be underwater within a few weeks.