Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Day the Caveman Cried....

The past few days were busy to say the least for the Ski’s. Despite all the work that was done to complete our move and begin settling in to our new life here in the City, we were able to conduct a pleasant visit to the Institute for Contemporary Art where we got to see Louise Bourgeois’ spiders and the Design Life Now exhibit. Quite interesting and provocative at the same time. It certainly expanded my horizons. Definitely a must see for those interested in modern art; however, whether or not I go back remains to be seen.

Following such a enriching experience, the Ski’s took in the movie Into the Wild on Saturday night at a movie theater a stone throw’s distance away from our new apartment. (This could be the end of me I am telling you!). The movie was nicely made but quite depressing. I felt like reading some Nietzsche and then starving myself to death after seeing the movie.

Staying with the movie theme, Capote was watched on our new “mother of all t.v.’s” on Sunday night. This movie was definitely not what I expected and while it was both weird and bizarre at times, it was well made and Phillip Seymour Hoffman did an outstanding job acting. A must see for history and literary buffs.

A few days later, to pull myself out of the stone age, I obtained a ZIP CAR card so that I can use a car whenever I need one. Never in a million years did I ever think I would do such a thing. But alas, I walk to work now while my better half gets to drive the new ride so should I need a vehicle in a pinch, one is ready for me.

Finally to my delight and my eager anticipation, this evening I am attending an invite only viewing of a private collection of World War II memorabilia at this museum. This invite happened over night and I am extremely excited about visiting! Details to follow.

And that my friends, is that.

1 comment:

girlski said...

the day that you feel compelled to read Nietzsche or starve yourself will be the same day that the Cubs win the World Series....