Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend Roundup

Another weekend whirlwind at the ski residence once again! This weekend saw my parents venture into the heart of the city for a weekend stay at the ski’s. The time was spent catching up with one another and then taking a trolley tour around the city to only have the trolley break down half way through our tour. Nevertheless we slowly walked through the city so that I could point out the more interesting aspect of our fair city – the people. So my parents “people watched” all the way back home and absolutely had a blast doing it to my chagrin. My father, never one to miss an opportunity to strike up a conversation talked to everyone from the hoodlums slinging “candy” on the side of the street to the homeless. For the sake of my father, I will not speak about his conversation with the Spanish speaking lady selling roasted peanuts on the side of Washington Street. Bilingual my father is not.

All in all I think my parents had a good time in the city. For an interesting fact, the last time my father slept over in Boston was back in high school when his brother was attending Northeastern. A lot has changed since then.

Anyways after my parents departure on Sunday I took in a quality film entitled Rambo. Very bloody but the movie ended the Rambo series quite well. My favorite part of the movie was when hired mercenaries were making fun of John J Rambo and calling him a “pansy”. Boy they were surprised……

Then to finish off the weekend, the ski’s had a good group of friends over for the Superbowl only to watch the Pat’s lose. Oh well – next year. Giants were the under dogs and they wanted it more. Hat’s off to them.

No comments: